I was delighted to be asked to shoot the soft launch of the refurbished Haighton Manor on Sunday 4th September for Brunning and Price as it joined their family of pub restaurants.
Strictly by invitation only, Haighton Manor opened its doors at 12.00 until 4.00 for a limited number of guests so they could iron out any potential problems and get it perfect for the main opening on the following Wednesday.
The brief was fairly extensive, and I’ve outlined some below of the main requirements below:
• Plenty of exterior and interior shots
• Overviews / wider shots of all the the different rooms (busy tables of people - staff waiting on etc)
• People in the bar area
• Bar tender serving (pulling pints / handing drinks over etc etc.
• People being served
• General / wider compositions that show the pub as a busy place and capture the atmosphere.
• Close ups of the cask ale pumps/ back bar of whiskeys, back bar of gins
• General closer details that show the style of the pub etc
Shots showing off the location along with closer details of hanging baskets, flower beds etc.
Food and drink
Food shots are important and each of our pubs have their own menus so we try our best to avoid using food photos from one pub in another. So, starters, mains and desserts
Unfortunately, where it was anice day, it was a bit on the chilly side so the beautiful terrace was empty so very few of the guests got to enjoy the fabulous views and surroundings.